Join Us in Reimagining Financial Technology in Season 4 of ScratchWorks!
ScratchWorks is a FinTech accelerator that connects innovative tech companies with wealth management luminaries to advance the digital transformation of the financial services industry.
Three emerging FinTech companies dazzled the crowds at the Barron’s Top Independent Advisor Summit in Season 1 of ScratchWorks pitching their chance to receive investment from wealth management luminaries to fuel their growth. Meet the finalists.
Don’t miss your opportunity to garner broad industry exposure, pitch your firm for potential investment and tell your FinTech story to over 600 top independent advisors at Barron’s in ScratchWorks – Season 4.
ScratchWorks – Season 4 submission period is now closed. Finalists will be announced in early 2020!
Season 3 Premiere
The following publication is not in any way intended to be seen as investment, tax, legal, planning or other professional advice. Participants presenting their products are unaffiliated with judges and the organizers of this contest.
Meet the Finalists
Get to know each company with pitches represented by the CEOs of these ScratchWorks finalists.
Calling All WealthTech and FinTech Startups
How It Works
Why should I apply? What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to present and pitch your company live on stage in front of over 600 of the largest and most successful independent advisors at Barron’s
- Unparalleled marketing and public relations exposure. The three finalists received extensive media and press coverage, added credibility in the market, and exposure to new and large prospects. The 10 semi-finalists received: exposure on the website, press coverage and the ability to promote themselves as a semi-finalist.
- Networking. $60B + of managed wealth is a part of this event – you’ll want to network with this group of folks!
- Codification of your value proposition. All applicants appreciated the opportunity to solidify their value proposition and really hone-in on in their core message.
- Company culture boost. It’s fun to be awarded recognition for a job well done! Semi-finalists and finalists are recognized so there’s a solid chance to be featured.
I’m a student, why should I apply?
- High impact learning experience to craft your story, share it via an application and video and have an opportunity to practice your pitch to very successful professionals in the FinTech industry.
- A fantastic networking opportunity. $60B + of managed wealth is a part of this event – you’ll want to network with this group of folks!
- Fun! The finalist will be sponsored to attend the event that includes airfare, conference registration and lodging.
Where are the finalists from last year and how are they doing?
Applying to the ScratchWorks fintech accelerator was one of the smartest things we have done to give our emerging fintech platform a powerful boost. Not only did we gather tremendous market visibility, PR and exposure to top prospects, we also received game-changing investments from the ScratchWorks famous investors that will take our business to the next level. Anyone looking to break through into the fintech and wealthtech space has to consider ScratchWorks.”
Jacqueline Ko Matthews, Founder & CEO, InvestmentPOD
InvestmentPOD received an investment from the investors and was featured in the following publications:
“The ScratchWorks investors are the real deal! In addition to the investment we raised, their strategic guidance has been invaluable. How could you not benefit from having five of the nation’s most respected and successful RIAs in your corner? If you’re on the fence about whether or not to apply for this, stop hesitating! Opportunities this good are hard to find.”
Robert Sofia, Founder & CEO, Snappy Kraken
Circle Black reports a big increase in lead flow from all of the exposure.
What quality is expected for the video submission?
How much of my time is needed to apply and participate?
ScratchWorks in the Media
Meet Our Investors
Founding Partner, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer
View full bio >
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, CO is the fastest growing startup market in the country, with the highest concentration of brainpower in the US. The University of Colorado Boulder and the Leeds School of Business are positioned—geographically and culturally—at the heart of this hotbed of technology and innovation. CU Boulder provides opportunities for students, faculty, staff, industry partners and the community to engage in and be exposed to innovative and entrepreneurial experiences and mindsets. Leeds is home to the Burridge Center for Finance and the Deming Center for Entrepreneurship, which are committed to providing unique opportunities that positively impact humanity, foster innovation, and shape tomorrow’s leaders.
See What’s Next in FinTech
Technology is transforming every industry, and wealth management is no exception. Innovative new products and services are changing the face of financial services, impacting the way we do business and the way we serve our clients. ScratchWorks is about coming together to embrace the disruptive power of technology by fostering collaboration between FinTech innovators and industry leaders.
Attendees of the Barron’s Top Independent Advisors Summit will get a unique—and entertaining—opportunity to watch FinTech innovators compete for funding by giving their final pitch to a panel of industry leaders.
Email us directly, and we’ll be happy to address any questions you have about ScratchWorks.
Fidelity Investments is an independent company, unaffiliated with ScratchWorks. There is no form of legal partnership, agency affiliation, or similar relationship between your financial advisor and Fidelity Investments, nor is such a relationship created or implied by the information herein. Fidelity Investments has not been involved with the preparation of the content supplied by ScratchWorks and does not guarantee, or assume any responsibility for, its content.
Fidelity Investments is a registered trademark of FMR LLC.
Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions® provides clearing, custody, or other brokerage services through National Financial Services LLC or Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Members NYSE, SIPC.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial PlannerTM, and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the United States, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.